Supporting cultural competence of non-Indigenous educators in ECEC services who work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families
Workshop: $220 per person
Wednesday 22nd November – Thursday 23rd November 2017 (Workshop 1)
In Partnership with Coolabaroo Neighbourhood Centre and Yorganop Association Incorporated
201 Beaufort Street, Perth, Western Australia
Morning/Lunch/Afternoon Tea Provided
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Key topics of discussion will be:
- Unpacking White Australia’s Black history
- Understanding the how the past still impacts the present
- Self-assessment and review of cultural awareness and inclusive practice
- Developing culturally appropriate and sustainable relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, children and families
- Implementing culturally appropriate programs and practice in line with the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and National Quality Standards
- Putting it into Practice. Ideas, strategies and approaches that promote, explore and celebrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture whilst implementing the outcomes, principles and practices from the Early Years Leaning Framework (EYLF).
Putting it into practice:
- To build the capacity of non-Indigenous educators in Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) services to improve access and service quality for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and their families
- To develop awareness, culturally inclusive practice and approaches of ECEC educators.
- To build respectful and genuine approaches and engagement of non-Indigenous educators with local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander ECEC services, communities and networks.
The workshop is designed for:
This workshop is designed for non-Indigenous workers as well as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workers in the Early Childhood Education and Care Services, family day care and Early Years programs.
Please register early to ensure your spot in this workshop.
For information and to register please contact Tanya Wells, at SNAICC:
Tanya.Wells@snaicc.org,au or 03 9489 8099