10:30am | Common Cause
Delve into this values-based community engagement session presented by Mark Chenery and explore how values and frames work, why they matter, and what the approach means to community engagement in achieving a just, sustainable, democratic world.
12:30pm | Lunch
1:15pm | Reform, Challenges, Opportunities, Disruption Panel
Panel members include:
• Services Priority Review by Michelle Andrews, Deputy Director General, Department Premier & Cabinet
• Sustainable Health Review by Dr Hannah Seymour, Medical Director, Department of Health
• People, Place, Home by Grahame Searle, Director General, Department of Communities
• Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations by Daniel Morrison, CEO, Wungening
• Community Service Sector by Louise Giolitto, CEO, WACOSS
• National Disability Insurance Scheme by Julie Waylen, CEO, NDS
• Delivering Community Services in Partnership by Steven Hill, Assistant Director, Funding and Contracting Services
• Supporting Communities Forum by Michelle Scott, Chair
3:00pm | Afternoon Tea
3:15pm | Supporting Communities Forum
An overview, and sector consultation from the Government’s Supporting Communities Forum. The Forum was established in late 2017 to bring government and non-government leaders together, to provide advice on implementation of the Supporting Communities Policy initiatives. The Forum will focus on a range of priority issues, including collaborative best practice and ways in which service barriers can be overcome, community services procurement, working to support the government’s commitment to strengthen data sharing and linkage, and development of an outcomes framework for community services. Michelle Scott and Helen Creed will lead this session, as chairperson and deputy co-chairperson of the Forum.