Page tree

South East Metro Emergency Support

Homelessness Crisis Support

55 Central: Provides a range of accommodation and/or support to adults who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. They also offer crisis accommodation and 24 hour emergency accommodation for single adult males between the ages of 18-65. Located  at 55 Central Avenue in Perth. Phone (08) 9272 1333

Anglicare Y Shac: Assists young people aged between 15-20 who are homeless or at risk in crisis accommodation; and 16-25 year olds who are in transitional housing. Here, there is 24 hour support from youth workers, advocacy and referrals, independent living activities, and harm minimisation services. There are 2 locations: Spearwood (9412 0673) and Rockingham (9523 3400)

Armadale Youth Accommodation Service: Short-term crisis accommodation for at risk or homeless young people between the ages of 15 and 20. It is a 6 bed facility that can accommodate 3 males and 3 females for a period of up to 3 months. They also receive counselling and referrals to services which can assist them further. Located on Beacon Road in Parkerville. Phone 9497 1351 or email

Ask Izzy: an online support tool for people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless to find the services they need including housing, food, support and facilities nearby.

The Beacon: This is crisis and supported accommodation. It provides crisis and transitional accommodation for up to 102 men. It is located on the corner of Nash and Aberdeen Street in Perth. Phone 9492 7100. (Note: this is an expensive place to stay)

Centre Care: A Catholic counselling organisation. They assist with accommodation, family dispute resolution, financial counselling, and gambling counselling, along with youth services. Phone 9325 6644.

Croft Inc: Offers crisis accommodation for up to 20 men and women on any given night. Their email address for inquiries is Phone 9272 6111

Department of Human Services Crisis Payment: This is a one off payment for people in severe financial hardship and in extreme circumstances. Criteria include experiencing severe financial hardship, having an extreme life change (leaving a violent relationship, getting out of jail, being a refugee). You must call within 7 days of the crisis to be able to claim the payment. Phone 13 28 50.

Entry Point: A free assessment and referral service assisting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness to access accommodation and support options. They can assess individual circumstances, provide information on accommodation, provide formal referrals to specialist homeless services. Opening hours: Monday- Friday 9am-7pm; Saturday 9am-5pm. Phone 6496 0001 or 124 684

Homeless Advisory Service: The Homeless Advisory Service assists people to seek their own accommodation or link with crisis accommodation. It also assists people to obtain bond assistance so they can find private rental accommodation. Opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am-5pm. Phone 9223 1111

Multicultural Services Centre of WA: Helps migrant families and individuals to maintain tenancies, help with acquiring bond assistance, helps understand lease agreements, assists with property maintenance, and advocates/negotiates with land lords. They are located at 4 View Street in North Perth. Phone 9328 1544

Red Cross: helps people find suitable and safe shelter through case workers. They also help people who are at risk of losing their rental property by negotiating with landlords and help them get their tenancy payments back on track. Phone 1800 733 276

The Salvation Army: Call the Salvo Care Line on 9442 5700 (24hr). They can assist with finding accommodation, food and meals, places to shower, and ways to access other support services which may be needed. They can also direct people to a homelessness service nearby to them. 

St Bartholomew’s House: offers secure accommodation and support services for single men aged over 18 years, families and intensive support for those experiencing, or at risk of homelessness. They provide short term accommodation and aim to assist in the transition from homelessness to independent living. Phone 9323 5100. Appointments are necessary

Entry criteria:

  • Be referred by the local mental health service
  • Have a nominated Case Manager who will provide clinical supervision and support
  • Be aged between 18 – 65 on entry
  • Be living with a mental illness
  • Have support needs of  between 2 – 4 hours per day
  • Have the desire to live in the CRV
  • Have provided informed consent
  • Have significant links to the area
  • Be prepared to sign an Individual Recovery Agreement which identifies the recovery activities best suited to their needs
  • Be homeless or at risk of homelessness (may be living with elderly parents/family and be at risk of losing their tenancy)

The Tranby Centre: This is operated by Uniting Care West, and provides day support to homeless people and those at risk of becoming homeless. The service is aimed at people over 18 years of age. Breakfast is provided every morning free of charge. Operating hours are Monday-Friday 7am-12pm, and Saturday 8am-11am. You can also make appointments throughout the week. They are located at Unit 6/5 Aberdeen Street East Perth. Phone 9220 1200

WA Housing Hub: This is a website that helps people find emergency help lines, support services, crisis accommodation and tenancy help. It also has links to legal, counselling and mental health services. This can be found at

***For low cost accommodation, a good place to try is backpacker’s hostels in Perth city. These may require photo identification. Shared rooms starts from $15 and often have wifi access, showers and toilets, a jobs board and books.

Housing Support Services

Coolabaroo Housing Service: Transitional supported housing for homeless and at risk Aboriginal families. They are also provided with individual case management and support planning to assist them address issues contributing to homelessness and move into stable housing, while reducing the risk of future homelessness. Located: 2117 Albany Hwy in Gosnells. Phone 9490 4333

The Department of Housing: An affordable housing provider which delivers quality housing that people can afford and provides people with the opportunity to buy a home. They can assist with public housing which is suitable for low income households. The rent paid for public housing is calculated at 25% of a households gross assessable income or the market rent (whichever is lower). Located at shop 2A in the Armadale Shopping Centre. Phone 9391 1600

Home Hub by Hygge: Is Australia’s first social and affordable housing advertising service.  It is a “one-stop hub to connect people who need a home, with all the safe, secure and affordable housing and accommodation options that are available.

IBA Home Ownership Program: Offers housing loan products to Indigenous Australians to help them buy an established residential property, renovate an established residential property, or land to construct a new home. The amount of the loan is determined by employment income, rental history, housing and living expenses, current credit cards and loans, and savings history. Phone 1800 107 107

Keystart Home Loans: A series of loans which are available for low to medium income earners. To be eligible, you must be over the age of 18, a permanent resident of Australia, living in WA and wanting to buy or build there. You must earn less than $90,000 if you’re single, less than $115,000 if you’re a couple, or less than $135,000 for families. You must plan on living in your home and not renting it out, and you cannot already be a home owner. Phone 1300 578 278

Uniting Care West: Their Housing Services provide supportive tenancy and property management. The service assists in low income households, and those with a mental illness or disability. The email address is or phone 9220 1288

Tenant Advocacy and Support

The following services support tenants to prevent eviction- they do not find people housing

Gosnells Community Legal Centre: Tenancy advocates provide information and advice on tenancy issues to clients who live in the South East Metropolitan area. They have the capacity for ongoing representation for clients in Department of Housing appeals. They also provide an outreach service as St Matthew’s Anglican Church Café in Armadale each Thursday morning. Opening hours: Tuesday-Friday 9:30am-12:30pm/1:30pm-3:30pm. Phone 9398 1455

Mission Australia: Offers support for people whose alcohol and/or drug use impacts their ability to maintain accommodation. They have a service at Wattle House located at 40 Orr Street in Maddington. This service supports clients through transitional housing, case management and referrals for clients. Phone 0892 624 200. The other service is located at 1B 17 Halley Road in Balcatta. This service helps to secure long term, stable accommodation. Phone 0892 250 400

Ruah Tenancy Support Service: This is for people experiencing ongoing homelessness and can come to the centre (no appointment is necessary) at 33 Shenton Street Northbridge. It is also for people having troubles with their private tenancy who live in the Perth South-East corridor. Phone 13 7824

Tenancy WA: Provides telephone legal advice and information to tenants who are living in private housing, public housing, community housing, or are a boarder or lodger. A small fee is charged for the advice, however it is waived if the person is receiving any Centrelink benefits or is below the income threshold. Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9am-4pm (it is necessary to make an appointment first). Phone 9221 0088 or 1800 621 888

Free/Low Cost Meals and Groceries

Adventist Development and Relief Agency: This is open to anyone in the community and supplies food parcels only. It is located at 44-60 Station Street Gosnells. They are open Monday to Wednesday from 9am-2pm. Phone 9342 1460

Anglican Parish Gosnells Welfare and Community Services: supplies Coles food vouchers and non-perishable food items. This service requires a health care card or a low income card, and is located at 32 Dorothy Street Gosnells. This takes place on Monday and Friday from 9.30am-11.30am. Phone 9490 1931

Anglicare Emergency Relief Belmont: Supplies food relief, basic essentials along with having some advocacy and referrals available. This requires a health care card or concession card. Located at 300 Belgravia Street Cloverdale on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2.30 to 4.30pm.

Armadale Gosnells and Districts Youth Resources Inc: Supplies food vouchers, smart riders, and blankets. You must be aged 12-25 and show Centrelink I.D. This is run Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm. Phone 9497 1722

Australian Asian Association Gosnells: Provides food vouchers, food parcels, and bill support. This is open to anyone, but they must provide their Centrelink income statement, supporting documentation for bills, and receipt of payment required to AAA. This is located at the Gosnells Community Lotteries House Unit 3, Ground Floor. Run on Tuesday and Thursday 12.30-3.30pm. Phone 9398 9156

Communicare: supplies food vouchers or parcels on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8.30-11am. However, clients need to call at 8.30 on these days to make an appointment and you must bring I.D with an address on it. Located at 28 Cecil Aveue and can be contacted on 9251 5777

Coolabaroo Housing Service: Assists with food parcels and emergency relief on Tuesday and Wednesday 9.30am-3.30pm. You must book an appointment along with presenting Centrelink I.D. and bring a household bill with their name and address on it. This is targeted towards Aboriginal families. Located at 2117 Albany Hwy Gosnells, and can be contacted on 9459 3868

Cross Ways: Offers emergency relief for those living in the City of Armadale and need urgent assistance. They can provide quick access to food and offer referrals to other support agencies and emergency services. They also have a Food Pantry Membership, that allows people with an appropriate concession, pension or health care card to gain access to food vouchers, and discounts at the Crossways Op Shop. They are located at Unit 1/225 Railway Avenue in Kelmscott. Phone 9495 2033

The Champion Centre: Supplies food parcels however there is a limited number. You will need to call at 9am to book a parcel. There is however, bread always available to take. Phone 9399 0820

Christian Outreach Centre: Services include a drop-in centre, facilities for showering and laundry, social activities, counselling. This is located at 38 Marian Avenue Armadale. It is open Tuesday 9am-5pm. Phone 08 9339 8890

Foodbank (Armadale Arena):  Servicing the clients of services agencies such as Champion Centre, Mission Australia, Anglicare, Wanslea Family Services, Cross Word Church and Minnawarra House. Referrals can be arranged from these services. Foodbank Mobile Van is located at the Champion Centre Thursdays 10.30 – 11.45am and in the Armadale Arena carpark 12noon – 12.30pm each Thursday.  Payment is via EFTPOS or your Emergency Relief Voucher.  No cash payments for security reasons.

Highways Café: provides meals at no cost to needy people. They are open on Mondays 5-7pm. Phone 9398 4191. They also offer a play group service held every Thursday during school terms from 9.30-11.30am. The cost is $2 and babies 0-1 are free.

Jacaranda Community Centre: supplies food vouchers, food parcels, utility bill support, clothing for jobs and school uniform assistance. This is available to anyone in financial hardship, and is located at 146 Epson Avenue Belmont. Phone 9477 4346

Mission Australia Wattle House: Supplies food vouchers on Monday 1pm-4.30pm, and Wednesday 9am-1pm. This is located at Wattle House, 40 Orr Street Maddington. Phone 9493 2447

Salvation Army Armadale: assists with food vouchers and parcels, clothing vouchers, baby bundles, prescription assistance and transport assistance. This takes place on Tuesday and Friday 9am to noon, and a Centrelink I.D. is required. Located at 57 Braemore Street Armadale, phone 9497 1803

St Vincent De Paul: They offer emergency relief assistance and home visitations for families and individuals in times of need. Phone the call centre on 1300 794 054 on weekdays between 9am-1pm.

School Breakfast Clubs

Contact your child’s school to find out if they have a breakfast program and if the child is eligible for the program.

Second Hand Charity Shops

  • 2nd Chance Op Shop: 255 Railway Avenue, 9399 3658
  • Anglicare WA Op Shop: 80 Attfield Street, 6253 3536
  • Anglicare WA Op Shop: Unit 1 227 Railway Avenue, 9497 4416
  • Cash Converters Armadale: 172 Jull Street, 9211 5710
  • Crossways Community Shop: 1/225 Railway Avenue, 9390 0054
  • Good Sammy: 1 Gillam Drive, 9463 0519
  • JJ’s Treasures- Second Hand Furniture Shop: 20 Forrest Road, 0478 795 199
  • The Salvation Army: 57 Braemore Street, 9497 1803
  • Salvos Stores Gosnells: 23a/2158 Albany Hwy, 9398 2184
  • Salvos Stores: 227 Railway Avenue, 9399 7773
  • Vinnies Armadale: 40 Fourth Road, 9399 2106


Employment Issues

Employment Law Centre of WA: helps vulnerable employees understand and enforce their rights at work through quality legal advice, assistance, representation, education and law reform. They provide free employment law services and assist with matters such as unfair dismissal, adverse action, unlawful termination, breach of contract, bullying, equal opportunity and occupational health and safety. Phone the advice line on 1300 130 956

Fairwork: Services are free to all workers and employees in Australia. Their main role is to promote productive and cooperative workplace relations, and ensure compliance with workplace laws. They can be used as a single point of contact for reliable and timely information about workplace regulations in Australia. They can assess complaints, and litigate in some circumstances. Phone 13 13 94

Wageline: Deals with queries about pay rates, leave entitlements, long service leave, and laws regarding children working. Phone 1300 655 266

Legal Services, Financial Counselling and Budgeting

Anglicare: Offer financial counselling for anyone seeking financial information. They can assist with resolutions, making referrals, supporting clients to develop a budget, and inform about consumer credit and bankruptcy. The Armadale office is located at the Armadale Lotteries House, Suite 5/112 Forrest Road. Phone 9394 9200

Beacon of Light: Represent Domestic Violence victims at a reduced rate.  Provide self-empowerment training so victims can represent themselves. Located in Inglewood.

CAIRS (Communicare Armadale Information and Referral Service): Assists with utilities bills, information advice and referral. Financial counselling is also available. Appointments must be made on Monday or Wednesday at 8.30-9am. Located at Unit 2, 36 Commerce Street Armadale. Phone 9399 9617

Family Violence Service: Voluntary and free service available for family violence victims who may need assistance with court support, information and referral to other services. The court based support is available for family violence victims who are making an application for a Family Violence Restraining Order or are involved in a criminal matter listed in the Family Violence List in the Magistrates Court.  Phone 1800 600 476

Family Law Outreach Service: The Sussex Street Community Law Service provides an outreach service in Armadale at St Matthew’s Church in Jull Street Armadale every second Wednesday. Staff will assist with welfare rights and disability discrimination. Phone 6253 9500

Financial Counselling Helpline: Financial counsellors provide information, support and advocacy to people in financial difficulty. They can assist with struggling to pay the mortgage or rent, are struggling with bills and debts. Call 1800 007 007. You can also locate your nearest financial counsellor by using the website

Gosnells Community Legal Centre: They can offer legal advice in areas such as family law, child support, domestic violence, financial counselling, tenancy help, mediation, and they have a victim compensation program. Their hours are Tuesday-Friday 9:30am-12:30pm, and 1:30-3:30. Their office is at the Gosnells Community Lotteries House, Suite 1/2232 Albany Hwy. They also specialise in domestic violence every Thursday at Armadale Court.  They can give initial advice on violence restraining orders.  Note: they cannot represent the victim. Also able to provide shuttle mediation. Phone 9398 1455

Legal Aid Advice Line: A service that provides information on common legal problems. The line is open on Monday-Friday between 9am-4pm and is closed on public holidays. The advice line will assist with as many legal issues as possible, however if they cannot assist you they will refer you to someone who can. Phone 1300 650 579

The Salvation Army: Call 9442 5700 for free and confidential financial counselling for people facing financial difficulties or wanting to avoid financial difficulties in the future. The counsellors analyse and assess financial situations and can give information and advice about credit and debt issues.

Sussex Street Community Law Services: provides access to accountable and effective legal services to low income people in the community. The legal services they cover are family law, civil law, minor criminal law, disability discrimination, and welfare rights. They also offer non-legal services such as tenancy, financial counselling and individual disability advocacy. They are located at 29 Sussex Street in East Victoria Park. Phone 6253 9500

Low Cost Loans

Mercycare: They offer no interest loans from $100 to $1,500 and negotiate the repayment term between 6 and 18 months. The loans can be used for accredited TAFE courses, driving lessons, course related books, education fees, car repairs and white goods. To be eligible, you must be over 18 years, an Australian citizen, heave a healthcare card or be a low income earner, have bank statements from the last 3 months, be able to show that you can repay the loan, have lived at your address for the last 3 months, and be able to provide all the necessary documents. Phone 1800 268 472

The Salvation Army: Phone 9442 5700. The Salvation Army offer the No-Interest Loan Scheme, which provide loans to people on low incomes who need to purchase essential household and personal capitol items. The scheme can help manage unexpected expenses without worrying about debt.

WA NILS: This is a service that ensures that people who receive a loan do not incur the additional cost of interest and associated fees or charges, whilst also ensuring that they money is able to be repaid. They offer loans from $200-$1,500. There are criteria which need to be met. Phone 9263 2199

Drug and Alcohol Services

Alcohol and Drug Support Service: Provides 24/7 confidential telephone counselling, information, referral and support lines for alcohol and drug use. For someone concerned about their own alcohol or drug use call 9442 5000. For anyone concerned about a loved one’s alcohol or drug use call 9442 5050. There is also a live chat feature on their website where you can talk to an alcohol and drug counsellor

Cyrenian House: A service that attempts to address alcohol and drug problems and mental health issues at the same time. They offer both residential and non-residential programs for people with drug and alcohol problems, along with offering peer support training. Phone 9328 9200. They also offer advice over the phone, however appointments are necessary.

Drug and Alcohol Youth Service (DAYS):A free and confidential service located in East Perth which provides young people and their families with access to a comprehensive range of alcohol and drug services including assessment and referral, counselling, case management and support, transitional housing, medical reviews, clinical psychology, and mentoring. Phone 9222 6300 directly for the service, you may be referred elsewhere (i.e. mental health services, corrective services, child protection, general practitioners).

Holyoake: Offers a wide range of programs to help people of all ages and circumstances to live healthier lives and enjoy happier relationships. They offer individual, group and family drug counselling services. They are located at 75 Canning Highway, Victoria Park. Phone 9416 4444

Hope Community Services: a counselling service which provides one on one and group support for individuals, carers and families affected by alcohol and drug use. Call 08 9497 9498

Palmerston Association: provides support regarding drugs and alcohol through a range of services such as counselling, groups, residential rehabilitation, and educational initiatives. The Armadale service is located at 2/26 Prospect Road and are open Tuesday-Thursday and Friday 9am-4.30pm, Wednesday 9am-12pm, Saturday 9.30am-12pm. Phone 9399 5344

The Salvation Army; The Bridge House Highgate: Operates two drug and alcohol crisis interventions. They offer a sobering up service which offers overnight assistance for alcohol or drug affected persons; and a withdrawal service. This is located at 11-15 Wright Street in Perth. Phone (08) 9227 8086

The Salvation Army; Harry Hunter Rehabilitation Centre: This centre offers a 13 week residential program to adults. This is a staged program which includes the Positive Lifestyle Program, counselling, work therapy, and social activities. It also offers some treatment plans which allow for a longer stay. This is located as 2498 Albany Hwy in Gosnells. Phone (08) 9398 2077

South East Metro Community Alcohol and Drug Service: Provides a comprehensive range of free and confidential alcohol and drug services in the south east corridor. The services include assessment and referral, counselling and support, outpatient withdrawal services, psychology, group programs and diversion programs. Opening hours: Monday-Friday 9am-4pm. Phone 9267 2400

Uniting Care West Attach: This is support for parents with substance abuse, as they understand that many substance using parents are also struggling to cope with problems such as mental illness, family violence, financial difficulties, social isolation and strained family relationships. Attach is an in-home counselling service for parents that deliver a practical 5-6 month program designed to address these issues. Phone 1300 663 298

Wungening Aboriginal Corporation: Provides culturally secure and holistic programs and strategies that inform, educate and address the harmful effects of alcohol and other drugs.  Opening hours: Monday-Friday 9am-4pm at 211 Royal Street East Perth. They also work out of the Champion Centre in Armadale. Call 9221 1411


Family Violence and Sexual Assault Services

1800 Respect National Sexual Assault, Domestic Family Violence Counselling Service: qualified and experienced counsellors can provide information and refer people to services available in their area. Telephone counselling is available 24-7 along with the option for online chatting. Phone 1800 737 732

Armadale Family Violence Service: provides court support services to family violence victims. It provides victims with information, advocacy, support and referrals to other services. The service is free and confidential and can assist with accessing services (i.e. police, counselling, legal and medical), information about ongoing court matters, and an assessment of risk and safety issues. The service is available Monday-Friday 8.30am-4.30pm and can be contacted on 1800 600 476. The Armadale Courthouse is located at 109 Jull Street or can call 9399 0700

Communicare Breathing Space: A behaviour change program to men who have been abusive in their intimate partner and family relationship. It provides opportunities for men to reflect and be accountable for their behaviour and the choices they’ve made. It is a structured program which supports men’s learning and assists them in understanding and taking responsibility for their violence, anger and abuse. They are located at 28 Cecil Avenue in Cannington. Phone 9251 5777

Men’s Domestic Violence Helpline: a 24 hour service providing counselling for men who are concerned about their violent and abusive behaviours. This service can provide telephone counselling, information and referral to ongoing face to face services if required. It can provide information about accessing legal advice and accommodation. Phone 9223 119 or 1800 000 599

Mens Line Australia: a telephone and online counselling service for men with family and relationship concerns. It is a 24 hour help line available on 1300 78 99 78

Relationships Australia: Services include counselling, family dispute resolution and a range of family and community support and education programs. They also provide services aimed at preventing family violence. Phone 1300 364 277

Redress Support Services: The National Redress Scheme provides acknowledgment and support to people who experienced institutional child sexual abuse. i.e. schools, sporting clubs, orphanages, foster care and religious organisations, group homes or clubs. Redress is an alternative to seeking compensation through the courts. The National Redress Scheme can provide access to counselling, a payment and a direct personal response from the institution (e.g. an apology.) These services are provided at no cost. For more info, you can call 6164 0255 or email or visit the website

Sexual Assault Resource Centre: Provides a 24 hour emergency service in metropolitan Perth. This involves medical care, a forensic examination and counselling support to people who have been sexually assaulted within the previous 14 days. It also provides counselling in centres across Perth to people who have experienced sexual assault and abuse in the past. It is a free and confidential service, and is not part of the police however it will support a person’s decision to involve the police. Call the 24 hour emergency line for recent sexual assault on 6458 1828 or 1800 199 888. Emergency telephone counselling is available between 8:30 and 11pm daily on 6458 1828

Starick: supports women and children escaping domestic and family violence in the south eastern metropolitan region. They are open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9am to 5pm. Phone 08 9458 1107

Victim Support Service: promotes the rights and addresses the needs of anyone who has suffered harm from crime. Services available include counselling and support, helping victims write a victim impact statement, preparing and supporting victims during a court case, providing support when making an application for a restraining order, helping them understand their rights, and providing information about criminal injuries compensation. Phone 1800 818 988

West Australian Police Service: 24 hour police assistance. Phone 131 444, or if it is an emergency phone 000

Women’s Council for Domestic and Family Violence Services of WA: a domestic violence service and specialist homelessness service. They are open Monday-Friday 9am-4.30pm. Phone 9420 7264

Women’s Domestic Violence Helpline: a 24 hour service which provides support and counselling for women experiencing family and domestic violence. This includes phone counselling, information and advice, referral to local advocacy and support services, liaison with police officers if necessary and support in escaping situations of family and domestic violence. The service can refer women to safe accommodation if required. Phone 9223 1188 or 1800 007 339

Counselling and Mental Health Services

All-Hours Support Line: a confidential telephone service for ADF members and their families that is available 24/7. Services you can access include psychology, medical, social work, and chaplain services. Phone 1800 628 036

Anglicare: the ability to work with your own mentor or support team who will support you. They also offer counselling services which address self-confidence, managing anger, family conflicts, depression, grief and loss, and relationship issues. There is an office located at the Gosnells Community Lotteries House, Suite 9/1st floor with the contact number being 9394 9200. Additionally, they offer telephone counselling on 1300 114 446

Beyond Blue: a 24 hour help line which deals with depression and anxiety predominantly. It understands that lots of different people can be affected (i.e. children and young people, older people, pregnancy and early parenthood, Indigenous people, and LGBT people). You can chat online at Phone 1300 22 4636

Centre Care: Offers extensive outreach and specialised counselling services for adolescents, parents and families. There is an office located at 2302-2308 Albany Hwy in Gosnells. The office hours are Monday- Friday 9am-5pm. Phone 9498 9200

Communicare Building a Balance: provides intervention strategies to divert young people away from high risk situations that may impact their safety. The service helps young people and their families to find constructive solutions to their problems; reducing the risks and improving the way they communicate. A free counselling service is available at the Armadale office at Unit 6 42 Fourth Road. Phone 9251 5777

Hope Community Services: Have programs which aim to make people feel good about themselves. They have programs addressing mental health, quality of life, suicide prevention and counselling. They are located at 56 Fourth Road Armadale, with office hours of 9am-5pm Monday-Friday. Phone 08 9497 9498

Kids Help Line: A free, private and confidential 24/7 phone and online counselling service for young people aged 5 to 25. They cater to kids (aged 5-12), teens (aged 13-17), young adults (aged 18-25), along with parents and schools and teachers. There is a chat function on the website, otherwise phone 1800 55 1800

Mental Health Emergency Response Line: a 24 hour phone line for anyone involved in a mental health emergency including individuals, families and carers, a member of the general public and health professionals. Clinicians will provide assessment, specialist intervention and support for young people experiencing a mental health emergency and if required, will refer them to a local mental health service. Phone 1300 555 788

Minnawarra House: a community house in Armadale that delivers a counselling service to young people aged 12-18 and their families. They address issues including anger, depression and anxiety, bullying, school refusal, self-harm and suicidal thoughts, parent conflict, abuse, sexuality and gender issues, trauma and grief, and relationship issues. Counselling fees are negotiable depending on financial circumstances. It is located at 24 Numulgi Street Armadale. Phone 9497 1413

Parkerville Children and Youth Care: Counselling services for children who have experienced trauma or abuse. They are located at Beacon Road in Parkerville. Phone 9290 1200

Veterans and Veteran’s Families Counselling Service: a 24/7 service which offers support to all current and ex-serving ADF members and their families. They can assist with relationship and family issues, transitioning into civilian life, anxiety and depression, sleep difficulties, PTSD, and alcohol or substance abuse. They offer individual, couples and family counselling along with group programs. Their office is located at 7 Kintail Road in Applecross. Phone 1800 011 046

Youth Focus: delivers innovative and accessible mental health services to help at-risk young people aged 12-25. They predominantly address depression, anxiety and suicide. They also offer face to face counselling which is free of charge and confidential. It does not require a formal referral. Phone 6266 4333


Interpreter Services

Aboriginal Interpreting WA: Provides interpreters in over 40 WA Aboriginal languages to clients anywhere in Australia. The interpreters may also have experience in health, justice, governance, education and community affairs. Their email contact is Phone 0439 943 612 or for a free call 1800 330 331

Translating and Interpreting Service: The Department of Home Affairs offers interpreting immediately over the phone on 131 450. Or to book an interpreter face-to-face, call 1300 655 082

Family Support Services

Armadale Family Support Network: This links Armadale and Gosnells families needing support services. Located at 2 Wungong Road Armadale. Phone 1300 887 487

CLANWA: Offers family and carer support for families and carers with a family member living with a mental illness (either diagnosed or undiagnosed). Located at 165 Wright Street in Kewdale. Phone 08 9477 0400

Dads@Lifeline: support for Dads before, during and after separation or if they have experienced a bereavement in a partnership or as a parent or child. They run mixed and single workshops for parents to meet with others to learn about family law court processes, writing a co-parenting plan, building resilience after separation, and communicating when relationships have broken down. Phone 9261 4451

Family Inclusion Network: Provides advocacy and support services to parents and family members who have had their children placed in ‘out of home care’ (i.e. foster care or relative care). Families who seek this assistance are involved with statutory workers from the Department of Child Protection and Family Support. Parents who are at risk and other affected family members can also access the service. They are located at 156 Vincent Street Perth. Phone 9328 6434

Ngala: supports parents, carers, families, children, young people and professionals. It assists parents, carers and families through the ups and downs of raising children. The support starts before pregnancy and continues through the school years up until young adulthood. They provide tools, information, workshops and services. A centre is located a 9 George Street in Kensington. Phone 9367 9473

Parenting WA Line: A service for parents which can assist in navigating difficult parenting dilemmas. It allows you to understand family dynamics more clearly and is a source of information and resources about children and parenting. The WA line is 6279 1200 or 1800 654 432. They are open 7 days a week from 8am-8pm.

Save the Children: helps families keep children in their homes and out of the child protection system. They work with families who are at risk of reoccurring child neglect. Support is available to families with children aged up to 12. Support workers help families to develop and enhance their parenting skills and visit families. Office hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. Phone 1800 76 00 11

Wanslea Grandcare: Assists grandparents who are raising their grandchildren full-time on an informal basis. They offer advice, counselling and financial help. Phone 1800 794 909 for financial support, or 1800 008 323 for general enquiries. Additionally, there offer a family day care for children of any age up to 12 years.

 Crisis Services and Helplines

Crisis Care Helpline: A telephone information and counselling service for people in crisis needing urgent help. This operates 7 days a week, 24 hours. Telephone (08) 9223 1111 or for 1800 199 008 (country free call). Crisis care can be accessed through the translating and interpreting service on 13 14 50. Use this helpline when: you need someone to help sort out a serious problem, you are concerned about the wellbeing of a child, you are escaping domestic violence and need help, you are homeless 

Gambling Helpline: free, private and confidential 24/7 support for anyone affected by gambling. There is the option for online chat help, and SMS support and a phone help line which is available at 1800 858 858

George Jones Child Advocacy: Supports vulnerable children, young people, adults and their families. The aim is to protect, care, advocate and promote recovery for children and young people who have experienced trauma from abuse, and to support families and to work with the community to prevent child abuse. They offer services in family, youth, and therapeutic care. They are located at Beacon Road Parkerville, and can be contacted on 9290 1200

Health Direct: Provides access to free health services that are wholly or jointly funded by government. It includes the healhdirect phone line, the pregnancy birth and baby helpline, the National Health Services Directory, My Aged Care, and Carer Gateway. The 24-hour phone line is 1800 022 222

Lifeline: Provides anyone experiencing a personal crisis with access to 24-hour crisis support and suicide prevention services. They are available to talk about suicidal thoughts or attempts, personal crisis, anxiety, depression, loneliness, abuse and trauma, stress, and self-help information. There is the option to chat on the website at, otherwise call the help line on 13 11 14

Samaritans Crisis Line: Offers 24/7 anonymous crisis support for people who are feeling overwhelmed and stressed, having relationship or family problems, loss and bereavement, financial worries or job-related anxiety, school or study stress, illness, addiction or substance abuse, and thoughts of suicide. Phone 135 247

Suicide Call Back Service: Provides 24/7 telephone and online counselling to people who are affected by suicide. There are options to call a person, chat online, or video chat with a counsellor. Calls may be from someone who is feeling suicidal, anyone who is worried about someone else, anyone caring for someone who is suicidal, anyone who has lost someone to suicide, or health professionals supporting people who are affected by suicide. Phone a counsellor for free on 1300 659 467  


Welcome to the South East Metro Emergency Relief Forum (SEMERF). 

The South East Metro Emergency Relief provides a safety net for people who need immediate support or imminent financial hardship. The SEMERF Network is made up of community service organisations, including but not limited too; not-for-profit organisations, local governments, Western Australia Police Force, legal services and grant providers.

If you would like to join this network, please contact any network member. You're also welcome to contact the Chairperson Betty Desalegn on

"An active network that leads innovative and collaborative community-minded solutions; resulting in a rise in participation."

Recently Updated


    Customise the different types of events you'd like to manage in this calendar.


    Optionally, restrict who can view or add events to the team calendar.


    Grab the calendar's URL and email it to your team, or paste it on a page to embed the calendar.


    The calendar is ready to go! Click any day on the calendar to add an event or use the Add event button.


    Subscribe to calendars using your favourite calendar client.


This page has no comments.