Jacaranda Community Centre – Indigenous Parenting Services.
The purpose of the program is :
- Support to increase Aboriginal school attendance for improved education outcomes of Aboriginal children.
- Support to improve youth transitions to further education and work.
- Improve the parenting skills of Aboriginal Families and to reduce the number of children being taken into care and/or where possible allow reunification to occur.
- Assisting in the education and health needs of Aboriginal families under the Family Support Program.
- Support Aboriginal families to identify and work towards achieving their individual goals.
Extent of Authority:
The person is directly responsible to the CEO and is required to work under general directions of the CEO but work under daily direction of the Indigenous Family Support Team Leader.
1. Aboriginal – preferred, please note your heritage or demonstrate extensive skills in working with Aboriginal people and acceptance by Aboriginal people.
2. Ability to work as part of a team in a Non-Government environment and work closely with the other workers.
2. Must have the ability to work independently and use own initiative.
3. Be comfortable with home visits and willing "to get your hands dirty" when working with clients in their own homes.
4. Full drivers licence for agency vehicle.
5. Must have the ability to write clear and concise file notes and reports.
6. Computer literacy and knowledge of the Word program as you will be required to input information onto a database.
7.Excellent interpersonal skills and clearly demonstrate the ability to deal sensitively with clients complex/special needs.
8. Able to demonstrate good time management skills
9. Federal Police clearance and Current Working with Children’s Check or the ability to apply for one.
10. Resume to be attached ( does not need to be long).
11. Able to demonstrate experience with liaising with outside organisations. The ability to undertake a wide range of advocacy tasks in the areas of Welfare and Community services is considered essential.
12. Ability to organising/chairing meetings with partnership agencies such as Housing, Centrelink, Parenting Program Agencies and other community meetings at Jacaranda when necessary
13. Must be confident to work with clients with issues such as housing, education, recreational, drug, health and alcohol issues as well as Centrelink or any other agency that is required.
14. Emphasis will be on supporting families to have their children attend school regularly and further education.
1. Qualifications in the Community Services Sector or similar occupation.
2. Or relevant work experience in a similar field of work.
3. Knowledge of relevant resources.
Jacaranda is a family friendly employer who specialises in working with Aboriginal Families. Please apply if you can clearly demonstrate the ESSENTIAL criteria for the vacancy.
Applications close on 2nd April 2015 at 5.00pm.
Reference: FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This page has no comments.