- One in four women in Australia has experienced emotional abuse from a current or former partner.
- One in six women in Australia has experienced physical or sexual violence from a current or former partner.
- In 98% of cases, this violence includes technology – facilitated violence.
Safe access to technology is crucial for women and families so they can stay connected to their families and friends, engage with their work and the wider world and get information and support when they need it.
As part of our commitment to supporting our community, Assure Programs invites you to a free two hour workshop on technology – facilitated abuse and it’s relationship to domestic and family violence presented by the Office of the Children’s e-Safety Commissioner. The aim is to:
- Provide a detailed understanding of how technology-facilitated abuse can occur and to make changes to reduce technology risks
- Deliver confidence and knowledge to support women and families experiencing or recovering from this type of abuse, and,
- Offer information on how to access the WESNET and Telstra Safe Connections program.
Information from many sources suggest that the workplace is often one of the few safe havens for women and family members experiencing family violence. A phone or internet connection is increasingly part of our tools of work meaning technology – facilitated violence is something all employers should have an understanding of to support their employees as the need arises.
Front line practitioners and specialist staff will also be able to apply this up to date information to the situations facing your clients.
You will find further information about the workshop attached, including an outline of the workshop.
Workshop Date: Thursday 27 July 2017
TIme: 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Address: Bendat Parent and Community Centre, 36 Dodd Street, Wembley WA 6014
We also invite participants to bring along their own device ie smartphone or tablet with them on the day, as it will be useful during one of the activities in the workshop.
Please RSVP to Jodie (details below) by 5:00pm Friday 14 July 2017
Phone: 08 9388 1645
If we make a difference to just one person’s life through the information available in this workshop, it will have been worth just the two short hours we spend together. We do hope you will able to be part of this important community support program.
This page has no comments.